Due to high build quality and few moving parts, Air Source Heat Pumps typically require little maintenance. However, this does not mean you should fail to get your Air Source Heat Pump serviced on a yearly basis. It not only protects your warranty and Renewable Heat Incentive claims but it will also help to prolong the lifetime of your system.
During a service, a technician will typically...
- Clean and or swap out filters.
- Clean coils and fans (if necessary.)
- Ensure proper airflow is not impeded by debris (leaves, dust etc.)
- Clean the supply and return registers inside the property.
- Power off the unit and check/clean fan blades.
- Check ducts for leakage and repair if necessary.
- Inspect filters, ducts, blower and indoor coil for dirt and other obstructions.
- Measure airflow is correct.
- Check refrigerant levels and pressure.
- Check all electrical contacts and ensure they are protected from the elements.
- Check for system leaks.
- Lubricate moving belts, motors and check for damage/wear and tear.
- Check and test thermostat under normal operating conditions.
It is often advisable to get your Air Source Heat Pump serviced before a period of heavy use, such as the winter.
To arrange a service with us then please check out our website using this link - www.greenerlivingltd.co.uk/product/servicing/